Happy Holidays! Thank you for being such great clients!!! All of us at Miracle Farm Speech Therapy and Kids Therapy Partners consider ourselves blessed to work with you and to have such a rewarding job. We wish you peace this holiday season and hope that you all get a chance to enjoy time with your family. Please find below a list of suggested toys, games, and gift items that we have personally recommended to Santa! We hope you like them!!
- Rocket Balloons
- Toss Across: the giant tic tac toe game with bean bags and a board
- Plasma Car: available through Amazon for $41.99, this is a great ride on toy!!
- Spray bottles with colored water for spraying snow.
- Sizzle seats: available through Amazon, these are great for kids who need to fidget.
- Toobaloo: This little gadget is great for auditory feedback . Kids will hear their voice when they read aloud, or simply talk into the phone-like toy.
- Bubbalooka: This new bubble toy makes “bubble snakes” and encourages airflow, volume, and breath stream.
- Stomp Rockets
- Blast Pad
Books and Apps:
- Pete the Cat books: Truly a favorite with all kids!!!
- Press Here by Herve Tullet (Just a great book!!!)
- Pogg (app for kids)
- Bit Breaker (app): One of the greatest apps ever created!!! It involves a lot of movement and is great for a day that the kids are stuck indoors.
- 4 Pictures, One Word (app): great thinking and language game for older children
- Head’s Up (app): Fun for the whole family!!!
- My Play Home (app): store, school, and home apps that are great for teaching routine, daily activities, and sequencing.
- Cash Register, play food (we love Melissa and Doug), grocery bag, apron, and hat – these items will create an amazing grocery store and hours of fun exchanging words and using skills such as counting, describing, and categorizing.
- Play Mobile Wild West Set: Nobody seems to play Wild West anymore!! This Play Mobile set it the greatest. It comes complete with a cactus, rattlesnake, and bag of money! It would be a great gift along with one of my favorite Western stories; Bubba the Cowboy Prince!
- Star Wars costumes, super hero costumes: Why not?? Kids love to dress up!! Super Heroes are very popular and are girls and boys!!! It is a great way to teach good vs. evil!!
- Magic set: Reading directions, practice, concentration, and facial expressions are all part of a good magic trick and all part of a good speech session!
- Doctor’s kit: Putting band aids on your Teddy Bears and bandaging up your dolls is a lost art. Why not give a doctor’s kit?
- Rally Up: A quick thinking category game by Blue-Orange Toys
- Shark Mania: This is a great game that involves a bit of racing. By Spin Master Games
- Shopping Cart Dash: Great game for matching, collecting, sorting, and naming. It has mini-life-like shopping carts and kids have to put coins in the slot to pay.
- Princess Cupcake Party: Always a favorite!!
- Feed the Woozle: Your kids will laugh as they learn to follow directions and use their imagination. This is a great game for kids who are working on articulation as there are many strange foods to name.
- Ooga Booga: by Blue Orange Games- another great game of memory and language!!
- Get the Picture: this is a dot-to-dot game on steroids!!! It works on visual tracking, counting in order, visualization, and writing.
- **Old Favorites: Don’t Break the Ice, Princess Cupcake Party, Pop Up Pirate, Monopoly Junior, Zingo
- Chewelry Necklace: Baby Go Round in Hampton Falls has a beautiful selection of this jewelry that mom’s can wear and babies can chew!!
- Baby Mirror
- Massaging teether by Nurtureland
- Infantino Textured Multi Ball Set
I am not sure if any of you are aware of my “business on the side”, but Flights of Fancy is a business that sells hand-made wooden beer and wine flights; so, if you want to check out something really cool, look at our website at www.beerflightsoffancy.com You can also check out an article on the business at Seacoastonline.com “Serving up fanciful flights of beer and wine”
We all wish you health and happiness in 2016 and remember this quote:
“One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas Day. Don’t clean it up too quickly.” –Andy Rooney